The R Open Source Project Structure
The course runs on April 16-17 from 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM.
At the center of the R Open Source Project and R Community is R Core, a group of approximately twenty developers who maintain R and guide its evolution. The official public structure for the R Community is provided by the R Foundation, a not for profit organization with an impressive list of members and supporters. The R Foundation ensures the financial stability of the R-project and holds and administers the copyright of R software and its documentation.
What Can You Expect from R?
R is a language! You do data analysis by writing functions and scripts, not by pointing and clicking. That may sound daunting if you are new to programming, but R is an easy language to learn, and a very natural and expressive one for data analysis. Working with R is an interactive experience that encourages experimentation, exploration and play. It is likely that whatever your area of interest, you will find R packages (libraries of functions) that will be immediately helpful. And, of course, R is renowned for its capabilities to visualize data.
Who can participate?
This is first training workshop to be held at Komar University of Science and Technology.
Anyone who participates in this workshop is ELIGIBLE to participate in the forecasting with R workshop to be held on April 29 to May 1
- Participants will be awarded certificate of successfully finished the training course by the Komar University of Science Technology
- Learn basic statistics with R
- Easy to follow guides and trained by well-experienced instructor
- Learn to code
Program of the training workshop
- Install R
- Install R-Studio
- General Interface explanation of R and RStudio interface
- Install R-Packages
- Setting up working directory
- Terminate R session
- Getting help in R
- Downloading/importing data in R (text, web URL, excel, CSV etc.)
- Transforming Data / Running queries on data
- Basic data analysis using statistical averages
- Plotting data distribution
- Correlation analysis
- Linear Regression
- ggplot2 and shiny packages.
Language: The workshop will be conducted in the English language (Kurdish support)
Number of available seats: 15-20
Participants Fees: The workshop will be free of charge
Address: College of Business Komar University of Science and Technology ASarchinar-Qularaise District, Sulaymania City, Kurdistan Region- Iraq
Tea, coffee, and confectionary are included in the workshop during break times. The launch will not be provided to participants.
The workshop program will be provided in later times.
Registration is FREE, and please click HERE for registration